Tuesday, 25 February 2014

The First Wig Worn

Whilst tolerating appalling amounts of noise in the house (long story) I decided to try and keep myself away from cyberspace interaction tonight. During this, I finally decided to do what I'd been a  bit nervous to do - try on the wig I bought on my last payday.

I had been nervous and didn't clock why until today - it made what I was doing all the more real and closer. Nothing will stop me from doing this but that doesn't mean I don't feel anxious. It's a pretty major thing I'm doing. I mean I'm getting rid of all of my hair. It's not like I'm just getting a perm or getting it dyed. There is a massive difference and it's going to take a long time for all my hair to grow back to the length I want. 

Having said all this, some things are worth a lot more than that. Some things are worth fighting for and some things are worth the sacrifices. This is most definitely one of them. With that in mind, here is me in my first wig:


I bought it off Amazon for £16. Very easy to put on and comfortable to wear. The hair net fitted over my current head which has a full head of hair so there should be no problems when the hair is gone. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but it's fine. This is a brunette/ginger look. For the next wig, I am going to go blonde.

4 months and 1 day to go until the day of the Big Cut. If you can, donate to my JustGiving page. If not, just continue to show your support by getting the word out far and wide. 

I'm just one person... but one person can make a difference. 

Lots of love and solidarity <3 xxx

1 comment:

  1. I hope everyone reading this will make a contribution to such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete