Sunday, 28 December 2014

A Year of The Hairy Truth

So it's been exactly a year and two days since I officially embarked on my adventure of not only fundraising for the UK charity Rape Crisis but raising awareness of the consequences of being on the receiving end of sexual violence and campaigning to bring an end to rape and sexual assault.

It's been a rather interesting year to say the least. I've gone on to not only shave off & cut off my hair but I've spoken to Bucks Free Press and Fabulous magazine about my efforts, spoken with other survivors and have tried my best to help others in my situation. I raised over £1000 thus far for Rape Crisis. I've managed to achieve a little to say the least.

However I can do way, way more. I fully intend to.

2015 is going to be in with more fundraising. I'm embarking on my 30/30 challenge during April/May which'll see me go on many challenges including hosting a nerd quiz night, fasting for a day and busking to celebrate the end and the beginning. I am going to try and speak out more whether it's in publications or maybe hosting talks about my own experiences. I am also going to start a Tag The Bag where I can try and get well known people to cover a suitcase with their autographs then auction off to raise money again for Rape Crisis.

This is only the beginning point of my journey. Let's see what the next 12 months will bring.

Lots of love and solidarity. Always <3 XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment