The general plan is that I will host a soiree of sorts with performances and chances at winning prizes whilst refreshments are served by drink servers. There's no set location just yet - I would love to have it either in Reading or in London. The date is set for Saturday 13th February so this will be a great night for any couples wishing to mix celebrating Valentines with donating to a fantastic cause. Statistically, violence against women increase around Valentines so to mark this with a fundraising night is one way to fight it.
So what will this night offer? Nothing is set in stone but here are things that I am thinking of running:
- Name the Teddy - before the evening entertainment kicks off, you can pay a small price to pick a name for a teddy bear. During the show, a name will be picked at random. The person who picks the winning name keeps the teddy bear. Every penny raised will go to Rape Crisis.
- Magic Show
- Jewelry Auction - beautiful pieces of jewelry donated by small businesses will be auctioned off with every penny going to Rape Crisis
- Raffle - buy a ticket before the entertainment starts and maybe you'll win a prize! There'll be three prizes up for grabs. Winners will be announced during the show. Every penny from the raffle ticket sales will go to Rape Crisis.
- Lip sync competition - six people will battle it out in a contest to see whose the best lip sync-er. People wishing to enter must enter before the night itself with information on what music they wish to compete with.
Of course, none of this is possible alone. I would love to hear from anyone who can do any of the following:
- Serve refreshments and food
- Compete in the lip sync contest
- Any small-business owners wishing to donate merchandise to raffle off for charity.
- Any performers who are willing to entertain whether it's music, magic tricks, dance etc.
- Technical people who can help with lighting/sound
- Anyone who can assist in finding a suitable location
Do get in touch with me through this blog or message me personally if you know me. For more information on what Rape Crisis does, please check out their website!
Lots of love and solidarity. Always <3 XXX